Перейти к контенту

AMK 2.0 will be clearly a Call of Pripyat mod

ahilej

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hi,

I read and write both English and Russian as well, although not with the same extent of efficiency.

But I was able to read, and sure to understand that the development of the AMK 2.0 for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl officially stopped. The mod will be continued to develop around the new GSC game named 'Call of Pripyat', which is available for sale in Russia only for now. English (International, Multilanguage) version of the third game in the sequel is officially announced for sale in Europe not earlier than November 2009. American (USA and Canada) version will come up even later.

The reason is more than obvious, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is in fact a very old game and clearly incompatible with today's software and hardware. The development of the Shadow of Chernobyl had begun as early as march 2003, and was cancelled and restarted several times until the official release in 2007. I didn't said that I am not sorry for the fact that we will play AMK with ShoC no more... :-(

I am not sure how this will reflect on the English players, will we have a translated release of the AMK 1.4.1. patch 2, which is only Russian for now, and very polished and stable, or will we have to wait the new all-English AMK 2.0 for the Call of Pripyat, I still do not know.

But I will keep reading the developper's (Russian) news and will continue to post translations on this forum.

Here is the link from the developper's site, alhough in Russian only:

www.amk-team.ru

Good hunting, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Изменено пользователем ahilej

If this is true, I will find it extremely disappointing. Even so, how are they going to import all the Build 1935 areas into Call of Pripyat? Or the areas from Clear Sky?

Call of Pripyat only features three areas as well, albeit larger ones than Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl had. How are they going to handle the transition from those zones to the old ones?

Even if they do halt development for SoC, there's still much to be improved in this game without actually adding new content. Fixing the various translation errors, the electro-chimera problem, the stability and pathing issues for those with less awesome video cards than the testers had--there's still work to be done here. I'll be certain to keep posting issues with this mod and SoC.

here's the translation (google translate) from the post taken from the main site www.amk-team.ru

"Call of Pripyat

Категория: News | 2009-10-03 | Опубликовал AMK Team | Комментариев: (272) Category: News | 2009-10-03 | Posted by AMK Team | Comments: (272)

Today, it was decided that the Next version AMK mod will be created based on the Call of Pripyat. That decision was hard for us, it was difficult to part with her beloved PM, over the years it has become for us a truly native. But we must go forward. Our programmers write tools and programs to work with the resources of The Call, invent new quests and the plot moves to new locations. Work is proceeding, we will keep you posted. "

my personal opinion is a mixed one while it makes sense to choose Call Of Pripyat as the new platform it also means i have to wait longer :P

i think the reason they made this decision is because all of the core elements that were made and loved by the mod community have already been included in Call Of Pripyat by the game devs GSC so it makes for a much more stable platform then S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC

Call of Pripyat features:

* Photorealistic exclusion Zone – Pripyat town, Yanov railway station, Jupiter factory, Kopachi village and more, recreated by their true-to-life prototypes.

* New story, a number of unique characters.

* Extended system of side quests.

* New monsters: Chimera and Burer. New behaviour and abilities for all monsters.

* Stalkers will search for artifacts and other items during the day while at night they stay at their base. Monsters will now come out at night and hide during the day.

* New A-Life system, created using the players' best-liked elements of the first two games in series.

* Emissions considerably influence the world of the Zone.

* Sleep function added into the game.

* New player's interface.

* Possibility to continue the game after completion in a freeplay mode.

* The game is developed on X-Ray engine v.1.6

Изменено пользователем custodis
Гость
Эта тема закрыта для публикации сообщений.
  • Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...