Перейти к контенту

Interesting Experiences

Master Bates

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Master Bates,

I think what you described is part of a really stupid bug in vanilla SoC--NPCs will keep on repeating their original AI scripts forever and ever and ever unless they're killed. Here's a few examples.

1) After you help Professor Kruglov or Assistant Semenov get the radiation measurements, he will keep going to Sakharov and say "here are the measurements, couldn't be any more accurate" over and over again every time you enter the bunker. Normally you can't see it because he does it every time you enter Yantar after that quest is finished, but it's there. It would have been much better if after the quest was done he would either wander around Yantar taking measurements with eco-stalkers protecting him, or else just spawned and stayed inside the bunkroom of the bunker.

2) Everytime you go into Cordon, you can see Nimble's map marker make its way from the east side of the Cordon, going through the same route he took from the parking garage.

3) Everytime you enter the Army Warehouses area, the Duty kill squad always makes its way to the three corpses of the Freedom soldiers they've killed right in front of the entrance to the area, unless of course you destroy them. If you throw the three corpses into Vortex or Whirligig anomalies, their pathing script will break and several members of the kill squad will just stand there doing nothing, even during blowouts.

I hope the next version of AMK will fix these and only have these scripts execute once, replaced by something more appropriate (such as Nimble spawning at his house every time you enter Cordon instead of east of the rookie camp, the Duty kill-squad spawning at the farmstead around the campfire instead of at the ambush point, etc.

I like playing dress-up with the game's NPCs where I give them better weapons and armours (though they often don't equip the armours you sell them, such as the Ecologist outfits, the bandit armours, the Freedom or Duty armours, etc), so maybe I'll share a few tales here too. It's fun leading packs of mutants to them and watch them fight.

Поделиться этим сообщением

Lum4r,

Yes, what you saw is the bug (or programming laziness, whichever you prefer) in action.

I have a savegame here on my filefront account that shows a little confrontation about to occur between a gang of unarmed zombies and three stalkers around a campfire in Cordon. I've armed one with a Monolith armour suit and an L85A2 assault rifle, another with an AK-74 assault rifle, and the third with a TOZ-34 shotgun. You can get the file here:

http://www.filefront.com/14638835/Zombies-vs-Stalkers.rar/

I tried running the scenario 3 times by leading the gang of zombies to the Stalkers around the campfire. The stalker wearing the Monolith suit most often never hit the zombies--in fact it looked like he kept firing his gun too high to hit much of anything. The stalker with the AK-74 shot his gun straight, but even he could hit the zombies very well, and one time even threw a grenade near the campfire, killing himself and his two buddies. :lol:

The third stalker, despite being armed with only a TOZ-34 shotgun, did the best, actually. He usually killed around two zombies with his shotgun, instead of missing so many shots like his buddies did.

Поделиться этим сообщением

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...