Перейти к контенту

Problems with Burers

Mazryonh

Рекомендуемые сообщения

While I like the AMK team's efforts in putting these terrifying creatures into the mod (as well as their design decision to make them appear only at night), there's a major problem with their main attack mode (their pyrokinetic ability, which creates a wave of heat in a long line). Or do they do impact damage instead? The damage decals are confusing, since they surround the Marked One with the same decals as a Springboard (or Mosquito Bald, for the Russians) anomaly does when it hits the player.

The wave of heat attack deals a significant amount of fire damage, enough to kill someone in 3 hits even at 90% fire resistance or more. What's worse is that every hit, and I mean EVERY hit, stuns the Marked One so he can't shoot straight or sprint (if "Post-hit effects" are enabled), which means that unless he can get behind some cover he'll always be killed if he's even hit once.

A simple way to fix this would be to make it so that the Marked One is no longer stunned by the Burer's psychic attack. I think this would be a wise decision, since Burers can already block bullets by raising their hands anyhow.

the idea of this mod is that the Marked one is not terminator made of steel (well, not all the time, anyway)

there are monsters which are extremely dangerous and deadly. you have to work out tactics and try different approaches. sometimes it is impossible to kill the monsters (especially if they are in a pack) so to leave them alone and run is a wiser solution.

try to move, try to take burer out from the long distance using scoped weapon (btw during ranged attack you can usually spot him producing heatwave and have plenty of time to avoid it)

Burers are not the ultimate monsters, electro-chimeras in a pack of 6-8 can be a real pain in the_ss

Изменено пользователем CarbonMonoxide

AMK 1.4.1 + 2 патча + AI Pack FINAL + SSR mod v.4.0

на C2D E8400 /4096 Mb /GF8800GT /22"@1680x1050

CarbonMonoxide,

Actually, it's interesting that you've brought up the point that the "Marked One is not made of steel," because there have been times I've gotten up to 70% bullet resistance and STILL can't take more than 3 assault rifle hits. That's not right--at that bullet resist level, shouldn't you be able to laugh off everything except 3 headshots?

Again, the Burer's heat wave attack is a real problem in that most of the time once you get hit, you can't escape getting killed. Making the Burer's attack rate slower could also help with that problem, allowing players to get away a bit more often than usual.

There's another pressing problem with killing Burers, especially in the Dark Valley level: Every time I've done so at night when they spawn, they often corrupt my savegames. Here are two error logs where they've done so:

! Missing ogg-comment, file:  c:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\anomaly\amk_electra.ogg
! Unknown command:  dbg:_SAVE_FILE_IS_CORRUPT_burer_normal3991

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:1405: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'p' (a nil value)

and here:

! Unknown command:  dbg:_SAVE_FILE_IS_CORRUPT_burer_normal3990
! Unknown command:  dbg:_SAVE_FILE_IS_CORRUPT_bloodsucker_normal50474
! Unknown command:  dbg:_xr_logic:_pstor_load_all:_not_registered_type_N_235_encountered
! Unknown command:  dbg:_xr_logic:_pstor_load_all:_not_registered_type_N_208_encountered
! Unknown command:  dbg:_xr_logic:_pstor_load_all:_not_registered_type_N_42_encountered
! Unknown command:  dbg:_xr_logic:_pstor_load_all:_not_registered_type_N_68_encountered
! Unknown command:  dbg:_xr_logic:_pstor_load_all:_not_registered_type_N_228_encountered
! Unknown command:  dbg:_xr_logic:_pstor_load_all:_not_registered_type_N_151_encountered

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:1405: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'p' (a nil value)

Something needs to be done about this. Or should I just stay out of the Dark Valley when it's night time?

True, true...

I've got the same the problem exactly! (Well, no really exactly, cause my crash logs differ from yours) Not only killing them corrupts your savegames. Just getting closer to them is enogh. So i've chosen tactics just to avoid those burers in DV

The Dark Valley is a "misterious" place. I had the similar troubles with the bloodsucker I was to eliminate (a contract from Sidorovich). This time I had to find a solution cause I didn't want to fail the quest. And there was one - moving to the other location (Outpost) without saving the game.

Изменено пользователем CarbonMonoxide

AMK 1.4.1 + 2 патча + AI Pack FINAL + SSR mod v.4.0

на C2D E8400 /4096 Mb /GF8800GT /22"@1680x1050

CarbonMonoxide,

Actually, I've found an easy way to complete the "Kill the Bloodsucker in the Dark Valley" quest. The Bloodsucker in question spawns in the southeastern corner of the Dark Valley, and only does so after midnight. Usually there are two of them running around, along with a pack of dogs and a Burer. Killing all of them does not seem to corrupt my savegames, so as long as I don't die and leave the Dark Valley as quickly as possible.

The Burers and Electro-Chimeras that spawn in from the north in big packs--now that's a real problem.

Создайте аккаунт или авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Комментарии могут оставлять только зарегистрированные пользователи

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это несложно!

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт

Войти

Есть аккаунт? Войти.

Войти
  • Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...