Перейти к контенту

Why hasn't this mod been posted to stalker.filefront.com?

Mazryonh

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Stalker.filefront.com is one of the bigger repositories of mods for the STALKER series, and I'm surprised this mod (along with the enhanced AI pack and the "weapons and dead bodies janitor script" isn't there as well. Only the AMK Arsenal addons for this mod are there.

I know this mod was primarily made for a Russian audience (is that why the AMK 2.0 FAQ claims there "will be no English release of this new version"?), but I don't see why the last English release along with the appropriate accompanying files (the two I mentioned earlier) can't be uploaded there as well. More interest means more expertise willing to help, and help with a mod is always good--it could even assist in stomping out persistent bugs like the "corpse-dropping" bug I've mentioned before on these forums or help fix the problem where the Duty attack squad at the farmstead in the Army Warehouses doesn't just spawn at the farm after killing the Freedom trio at the entrance.

Поделиться этим сообщением

ahilej,

Unfortunately I haven't played Oblivion Lost, so I couldn't honestly give a good comparison, but I've watched quite a few vids that show gameplay on it. I do agree that having your work used without credit is quite a bad thing, though I think something like this emphasizes the need for better and faster English translation for this mod to reach more people.

The more people interested, the more people who may be able to help develop this mod. The more people who can work reliably on this mod, the better it will likely become.

I'll agree that cars really don't belong in the Zone--there are no working gas stations there, and getting gas inside would be a real problem. Besides, while I appreciate the "fast travel" system introduced in Clear Sky, being forced to walk everywhere in the Zone as you must in SoC really reinforces just how forlorn and dangerous the Zone actually is, especially with all the new AMK features such as blowouts and how they change the locations of anomalies--no two trips across the Zone are going to be alike, with attacks from mutants, other stalkers, and hidden anomalies likely every step of the way.

I do think AMK could use a few design decisions from Oblivion Lost, though. Making it easier for the player when they start could be as simple as having Sidorovich giving you a small "starter package" once you give him the Flash Drive from Nimble. It could consist of the following items:

1) A Sparkler artifact. While this may not seem like much, even having this basic artifact equipped will allow you to recover stamina while walking, allowing players to get where they need to go more easily and without as much interruption.

2) A free TOZ-34 shotgun with some slugs, making it a little easer to kill Bandits in the Garbage and later until you get an AK-74.

3) A Spring artifact, since you won't have an anomaly detector until you get to Barkeep, and because Springboard, Vortex, and Whirligig anomalies are the most common. All three of those do Impact damage, which a free Spring artifact could make the game a little more forgiving in this respect.

I believe with these in a starter the game could be more accessible to new players without making the game's early stages too easy.

Do you think you could explain in more detail as to what you think Oblivion Lost did wrong?

I think I should start a thread with a poll as to how to make this mod more popular. That could get us on filefront, and the more people who get interested, the more who might be willing to help with the mod.

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...