Перейти к контенту

Why do I keep losing the ability to drag corpses properly?

Mazryonh

Рекомендуемые сообщения

While most of the other bugs I've mentioned in this forum while playing this mod have either been successfully hot-fixed (such as the missing textures bugs) or simply sidestepped (such as the crash or freezing bugs I've been getting when I get too close to packs of animals near Controllers), this is one serious bug that is so far proving to be the last straw on my patience with this game and this mod.

In my experiences with this game using AMK 1.4, I have, on several occasions, suddenly lost the ability to drag corpses normally in the game. Once the bug happens, I can only move corpses a very short distance before being forced to drop them for no apparent reason. I would normally report this in the bug report section, but unfortunately this bug does not cause a crash and therefore does not leave a "FATAL ERROR" report. I have, however, recently managed to isolate the bug in a savegame I've uploaded to Filefront. The link is here:

http://files.filefront.com/Corpse+Dragging...;/fileinfo.html

The savegame I've uploaded puts the Marked One just before the entrance to the Dark Valley from the Garbage, right before the mission to enter X18. Just in front of the Marked One is a bandit corpse. If you decide to play through this save game yourself, you will find you can lift and drag the bandit corpse as normal. The real problem lies just a few feet in front of you, however.

If you enter the Dark Valley from the Garbage, you'll find another bandit corpse. Unfortunately, every time I've tested this, I have been completely unable to lift corpses any appreciable distance ever again after that single area transition, despite the fact that corpse-carrying works perfectly in the Garbage. The corpses no longer lift up completely, and will fall to the ground suddenly again instead of letting me carry them to a different location. This problem has kept coming back and I'm tired of playing earlier save games in vain attempts to avoid this bug.

Before you start typing a reply saying "Just play without dragging corpses, idiot!", perhaps you should know that for whatever reason, NPC corpses in AMK 1.4 do not appear to fade away on their own. I've sat through several dozen bandit attacks at the hangar in the Garbage level, and every time their corpses start piling up I am reminded of the fact that every game engine has a polygon limit, a limit to how many 3D objects can be on the screen or in the computer's memory at one time. Once that polygon limit is exceeded, the computer either has to shut down the program, crash, or fry itself. Since I don't want any of those happening to my (very expensive) machine, I decided to bypass this potential problem by throwing NPC corpses into Vortex or Whirligig anomalies to destroy them and keep the number of corpses in the game engine's memory as low as possible. This was a time-consuming process, but I decided the price was worth paying (except in cases such as the entrance to Wild Territory from the Bar, where if you destroy the corpses of the ambushed Freedom members you will cause the Duty attack squad to just stupidly sit and stay there, waiting to be killed by the next blowout instead of heading to the abandoned farmstead). I still want to be able to throw corpses in those anomalies, and not being able to properly carry them is obviously going to stop me from doing that. :dash2:

What can I do to fix this error? What might it be caused by? And do NPC corpses in AMK 1.4 actually disappear on their own? If that were true, then I could ignore the error and play through to the end of the Chernobyl NPP, but I don't want the game to crash because of polygon overload. I am really getting tired of all the errors this mod is shoving in my face. As always, any help would be most appreciated. :cray5:

Поделиться этим сообщением

Halford,

Thanks again for your repeated support, but I'd like to know; is this addition compatible with the final AMK pack for the Russian version I downloaded at this link:

http://www.amk-team.ru/forum/index.php?sho...=475&st=500

So this mod just deletes corpses and unattached weapons from the game engine entirely if there are too many of them? Like, 60 or more?

Halford,

But wait; isn't that AI pack for AMK 1.4.1? The English version is only AMK 1.4! Will it trigger EVEN MORE problems?!

I've had to restart a few too many times now; if I install this pack it'll likely be after I finish a few other games first.

Halford,

Sadly, it did not work. I tried inserting all the new files of the AI pack and the dead bodies and weapons janitor pack and it spit this at me while trying to start a new game:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...ow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\bind_stalker.script:1: attempt to index global 'sak_off_corpses' (a nil value)

This is where I tried inserting the code like you said I should:

function actor_binder:net_spawn(data) 

printf("actor net spawn") 
level.show_indicators() self.bCheckStart = true 
self.weapon_hide = false 
weapon_hide = false 

if object_binder.net_spawn(self,data) == false then 
return false end db.add_actor(self.object) 

if self.st.disable_input_time == nil then 
level.enable_input() end 

self.weather_manager:reset() if(actor_stats.add_to_ranking~=nil)then 
actor_stats.add_to_ranking(self.object:id()) end 

death_manager.init_drop_settings() if xrs_ai then 
xrs_ai.actor_net_spawn(self) end amk.on_game_load(obj) sak_off_corpses.off_corpses() 
return true end

Am I doing something wrong? I inserted "sak_off_corpses.off_corpses()" just before "return true end" and didn't find "return true end" anywhere else in the bind_stalker.script file.

Halford,

Okay, I've tried what you've suggested, and it worked. Apparently I forgot to put the "sak_off_corpses" script in the appropriate folder. It appears to be working now, but I'll be keeping very careful watch.

If I lose the ability to move corpses this time I suppose I'll let the script do its work. But if it bugs out on me I may just give up on this mod entirely and try something else, or (Strelok forbid) play the game unmodded.

CarbonMonoxide,

Thank you for your information. Taking off my armour seems to work.

Even so, this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed in the next AMK version for English release.

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...