Перейти к контенту

AMK Weapon Add-on - WIP

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Enjoy deciding what the hell devs wanted to achieve with it :) It has 9 pellets like size 0, and in description it says 6mm shot which is size 4 which is 24 pellets. Not to mention what the heck is Zhekan and Dart. I think it's supposed to be Foster and Brenneke slugs respectively. But for dart it could also be a Sabot. It's really messed up...

Enjoy deciding what the hell devs wanted to achieve with it :) It has 9 pellets like size 0, and in description it says 6mm shot which is size 4 which is 24 pellets. Not to mention what the heck is Zhekan and Dart. I think it's supposed to be Foster and Brenneke slugs respectively. But for dart it could also be a Sabot. It's really messed up...

No idea about the names, but the inventory icon for slugs looks like either a Foster or a Brenneke. Dart appears to be something like a single large flechette. Anyways, I changed the values so slugs are now instantly lethal to small critters like dogs and lightly armored guys like bandits. The railway soldiers don't fare well against them either, but you won't be sniping them from 200 meters out since they're not great for long range. I kept the original values for shot dispersion, so they're really better for a close-range punch on something man-sized or larger (think bloodsucker). Boars and larger critters take more than one usually, but that makes sense I think. I also raised the armor penetration value of the dart but lowered its damage. SCIMTR rounds are still superior to any other shotgun rounds, I've shot fleshes with them and then watched them limp around before keeling over from what's probably massive bleeding damage. I also started adding items to some of the breakable boxes in Cordon. And there's a new unique weapon but I'm not telling you what it is :)

Also, I've finished integrating PLR for AMK completely (including compatibility for all possible video resolutions, which was really time consuming) making the suggested modifications to the k_impulse values in weapons.ltx where appropriate. More weapons have new descriptions using silverpower's capabilities-at-a-glance format. Eventually I'll do the same for armor, with all of its protective values listed so you don't have to guess at it when you're buying a new suit. I'm trying to keep busy while I'm waiting for the new guns :)

Weapon randomization has been improved; now NPCs don't spawn without weapons, even if it is just a crappy PM or Fort12. Sometimes NPCs still spawn with multiple weapons but I figure that still makes sense, backups and all that. I may change some other stuff so it'll be harder to sell expensive guns to NPCs, forcing you to rely on the traders to make a real profit.

Aside from all that, I did a small mod for the main menu music in AMK that replaces it with Firelake's Dirge for the Planet. I may release that on its own sometime tomorrow when I get home from work.

So that's the status update for now. More updates as events warrant.

No idea about the names, but the inventory icon for slugs looks like either a Foster or a Brenneke. Dart appears to be something like a single large flechette. Anyways, I changed the values so slugs are now instantly lethal to small critters like dogs and lightly armored guys like bandits. The railway soldiers don't fare well against them either, but you won't be sniping them from 200 meters out since they're not great for long range. I kept the original values for shot dispersion, so they're really better for a close-range punch on something man-sized or larger (think bloodsucker). Boars and larger critters take more than one usually, but that makes sense I think. I also raised the armor penetration value of the dart but lowered its damage. SCIMTR rounds are still superior to any other shotgun rounds, I've shot fleshes with them and then watched them limp around before keeling over from what's probably massive bleeding damage. I also started adding items to some of the breakable boxes in Cordon. And there's a new unique weapon but I'm not telling you what it is :)

Also, I've finished integrating PLR for AMK completely (including compatibility for all possible video resolutions, which was really time consuming) making the suggested modifications to the k_impulse values in weapons.ltx where appropriate. More weapons have new descriptions using silverpower's capabilities-at-a-glance format. Eventually I'll do the same for armor, with all of its protective values listed so you don't have to guess at it when you're buying a new suit. I'm trying to keep busy while I'm waiting for the new guns :)

Weapon randomization has been improved; now NPCs don't spawn without weapons, even if it is just a crappy PM or Fort12. Sometimes NPCs still spawn with multiple weapons but I figure that still makes sense, backups and all that. I may change some other stuff so it'll be harder to sell expensive guns to NPCs, forcing you to rely on the traders to make a real profit.

Aside from all that, I did a small mod for the main menu music in AMK that replaces it with Firelake's Dirge for the Planet. I may release that on its own sometime tomorrow when I get home from work.

So that's the status update for now. More updates as events warrant.

pm and fort crappy? better than bare hands!. the 50.A.E DE. did you change the mag cap to 7?

playstaion network ID sasha87

10ar, the PKM was all ready there when I started editing the ui_icon_equipment.dds. I'm not sure if anyone is doing a .45acp subgun besides the MAC10.

MAC10? :blink: Apart from the wpn_mac10.ltx file which is not MAC10 at all, there's no MAC10 in the game!

You're doing great job, that's why I urge to make a PKM and some SMG in .45ACP, since latter in the game you'll get plenty of .45 ammo and only weapons in this caliber are pistols with 7-8 rounds capacity. So, anything that auto-fires .45 and has more than 8 rounds magazine is fine, HK UMP, MAC10, M3 Grease Gun of even Thommy Gun with 100 rounds drum (hmmm, very nice), whatever! Combining the stopping power of .45ACP with automatic fire will stop almost everything in The Zone at close ranges.

Ofcourse, good penetration of 7.62x25mm TT round with 35 rounds mag PPS-43 or even 72 rounds mag PPSh-41 would make those mutants Swiss cheese...

Not to forget that only weapon shown in Тарковский's movie СТАЛКЕР was Tokarev TT 33.

At medium to long ranges PKM is one of the best MG in the World (especially with mounted optical scope)! I would like to have one in the game.

I do hope they're crappy, pistol ammo(Well except 5.7) has no AP value whatseover.

are u sure about that.

.45acp rounds do have poor ap capabilty but will still drop you due to trama.

9*19mm has good ap since it's thinner and has higher velocity.

you need to do some homework.

MAC10? :blink: Apart from the wpn_mac10.ltx file which is not MAC10 at all, there's no MAC10 in the game!

You're doing great job, that's why I urge to make a PKM and some SMG in .45ACP, since latter in the game you'll get plenty of .45 ammo and only weapons in this caliber are pistols with 7-8 rounds capacity. So, anything that auto-fires .45 and has more than 8 rounds magazine is fine, HK UMP, MAC10, M3 Grease Gun of even Thommy Gun with 100 rounds drum (hmmm, very nice), whatever! Combining the stopping power of .45ACP with automatic fire will stop almost everything in The Zone at close ranges.

Ofcourse, good penetration of 7.62x25mm TT round with 35 rounds mag PPS-43 or even 72 rounds mag PPSh-41 would make those mutants Swiss cheese...

Not to forget that only weapon shown in Тарковский's movie СТАЛКЕР was Tokarev TT 33.

At medium to long ranges PKM is one of the best MG in the World (especially with mounted optical scope)! I would like to have one in the game.

i did see in the gsc forum that someone made a krissV smg it uses .45acp

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg96-e.htm

Does anyone else have trouble trying to repair their weapons? I had to buy a new .50 to replace my damaged one, because there was no option to repair at any of the traders.

the problem is the initial price. 10ru! you can repair it but it has to be sevearlly damaged.

here is a fine heavy sniper rifle http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn83-e.htm

here are pistol ammo photo comparisons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CartridgeComparison.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:9mm_7%2...AP_50AE_002.jpg

here is an intaresting smg http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg62-e.htm

are u sure about that.

Yeah.

The fact that it's "thinner" won't help it much because it's simply not designed to pierce armor. Handguns are practically never used by the military and civilians/policemen don't have to worry about armor at all. They do have to worry about overpenetration and property damage instead, that's why there's no armor-piercing version of most handgun calibers in the first place.

Most handgun bullets are stopped by IIA class body armor(On 1-4 scale that's 1.5). Compare this to what people wear in the Zone.

I am not saying that you are invincible to handgun fire in a body armor, the specification allow for up to 44mm deformation before it counts as "pierced", that's sure to cause internal bleeding and crack/break bones. But all things considered, in STALKER a grunt should be able to take 3-4 before dying. Military stalkers and exosuits even more.

Yeah.

The fact that it's "thinner" won't help it much because it's simply not designed to pierce armor. Handguns are practically never used by the military and civilians/policemen don't have to worry about armor at all. They do have to worry about overpenetration and property damage instead, that's why there's no armor-piercing version of most handgun calibers in the first place.

Most handgun bullets are stopped by IIA class body armor(On 1-4 scale that's 1.5). Compare this to what people wear in the Zone.

I am not saying that you are invincible to handgun fire in a body armor, the specification allow for up to 44mm deformation before it counts as "pierced", that's sure to cause internal bleeding and crack/break bones. But all things considered, in STALKER a grunt should be able to take 3-4 before dying. Military stalkers and exosuits even more.

well true. but even the best armor or those damn bomb suits can still be defeated by any round provinding that continues fire is obtained.

look at my other post that links to the american 180 smg. pitiful .22cal but still very devestating to anyone on the reciving end.

:lol: so skullhunter hows the testing going for the slug rounds

See up there a few posts. :)

Short story, they're working real well, no more shooting dogs with them and watching the dog run away, now they play dead very convincingly.

The hollowpoint slugs and SCIMTR rounds are amazingly deadly. But, of course, they're not very good for long-range shots, so they won't take the place of a good rifle.

If I can actually get the time, I'll be doing another alpha release before the next RC for AMK-EN comes out. Little teaser from the next readme:

AMK Arsenal Alpha 0.2 for AMK 1.4 EN 2.0 RC2

Features:

Five new weapons - .357 Magnum Desert Eagle, BM16 Standard shotgun, Saiga12c, Modified Saiga12c and FN P90, all but the first one with their own

stats, new models, skins and inventory icons. The BM16 Standard has also been positioned better in the hud so you can't see inside the arms. There's

also a new unique weapon that I'm leaving as a secret surprise in this release. Don't cheat and look through the config files, that won't tell you

where it is anyway :)

Two original weapons reworked - The Desert Eagles have been renamed, have new written information, have slightly altered stats, new firing sounds and

are now rechambered for their proper calibers (.44 Magnum and .50 Action Express). The ammo found with the former "Big Ben" pistol in Wild Territory

is now of the right caliber.

Thirteen new ammo types - .357 Magnum Hollowpoint, .357 Magnum Hydra-Shok, .357 Magnum Frangible, .44 Magnum Hollowpoint, .44 Magnum Hydra-Shok, .44

Magnum Frangible, .50 AE Hollowpoint, .50 AE Hydra-Shok, .50 AE Frangible, 12 gauge Hydra-Shok, 12 gauge SCIMTR, 5.7x28mm SS190 and 5.7x28mm SS198.

All new ammo types except the first six have their own ammo boxes and icons.

Randomized weapon loadouts - Most characters in Cordon now have randomized weapons based on their faction and rank, with certain characters having a

choice of weapons no other characters in Cordon will have to start.

Varied wallmarks - weapons now leave different marks on surfaces according to their caliber/power

New weapon descriptions - All new weapons and some original ones have reworked inventory descriptions using silverpower's format and incorporation

silverpower's descriptions with my own. No more having to scroll down to find out the capabilities of your new toy; caliber, ammo types available,

available upgrades, built-in modifications and ammo capacity are all listed right at the top.

All new weapons and ammo have been incorporated into mp_ranks.ltx, to prevent one of the more annoying causes of game crashes.

Optional features:

AMK Arsenal with PLR's weapon settings - So far I've found PLR's weapon configs pretty good, even when some bandit erases my face with a sawed-off.

To use, open the "with PLR for AMK/gamedata" folder, copy the "config" and "sound" folders inside to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gamedata folder, then open

the "Arsenal with PLR for AMK/resolution compatability" folder, open the folder that corresponds to the resolution you're running AMK-EN in (800x600,

1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1054, 1440x900 or 1680x1050) and then copy the "config" folder in it to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gamedata

folder. That last bit ensures your game won't crash when you use scopes.

Firelake's "Dirge for the Planet" main menu music for AMK - Surprised no one's done this yet. Open the "Firelake Menu Music for AMK/gamedata" folder

and copy the "sounds" folder to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gamedata folder. It will also create a folder in gamedata/sound/music called "backup music" which

contains the original music files from AMK.

Depending on when I do the next release, there may be more included. :)

Yeah.

This isn't *quite* accurate, either. Ever heard of 7N31? Granted, it's super-high-pressure shit you wouldn't dare fire from the majority of 9x19mm handguns. It's good enough to penetrate the sort of body armor you're referring to, though. And most Western armor isn't 'Tokarev-rated' anyway, until you get to the really good stuff that can stop 5.56 or 7.62x39. Then again, there haven't been all that many deer wearing Tokarev-rated body armor (so scratch the 'for sporting purposes' shit). It's lack of demand by the police and military that ensure that there's only been two semi-autos sold (at least, in the States) that can take AP rounds. One is usually classified as a C&R (most Tokarev-family handguns - doesn't include stuff like the new-production Zastavas and Noris), and the other is the FN Five-seveN. In the Zone, you'd probably be able to find at least a few MP-443 "Grach" handguns, or the SP-1/GSh-18 (9x21mm SP-10/11/12). .357/.44 Magnum can do a number on armor, too, but we're discussing semi-autos, not revolvers (which are far easier to build to tolerate the sort of pressure that Magnum rounds tend to generate - look at the Desert Eagle for why .357/.44Mag semi-autos aren't very popular).

That said, all these rounds (9x19 7N31, SP10/11/12, 5.7x28mm, 7.62x25mm) are best suited to good-quality SMGs - they just happen to be usable with certain handguns. Besides, the one-shot stop is a myth, as well - a true one-shot stop would require significant destruction of CNS tissue or destroying/heavily damaging the heart. AP rounds don't tend to expand very well, by their nature (the idea is to get the bullet through the armor without slowing it down too much or fragmenting *inside* the armor - you want the bullet intact until it gets into tissue, where you'd want it to start breaking up), though, so it should be more that hollowpoints cause the victim to bleed out, but can be defeated by armor. AP rounds negate that advantage of armor at the expense of not allowing consistent fragmentation/expansion (since you can't use hollow-tipped bullets), so unless it hits something really important, in a way that a clean hole through or a keyholing bullet would cause incapacitation or death, it's not going to do that much damage.

ETA: I should add that the American-180 does damage to armored targets through the armor dispersing the kinetic energy of the bullets into the surrounding bone and tissue. It doesn't pierce so much as it jellies the tissue. It's not going to stop an armored robot, but if you're having to use .22LR on robots, you're having a really, *really* bad day...

This isn't *quite* accurate, either. Ever heard of 7N31? Granted, it's super-high-pressure shit you wouldn't dare fire from the majority of 9x19mm handguns. It's good enough to penetrate the sort of body armor you're referring to, though. And most Western armor isn't 'Tokarev-rated' anyway, until you get to the really good stuff that can stop 5.56 or 7.62x39. Then again, there haven't been all that many deer wearing Tokarev-rated body armor (so scratch the 'for sporting purposes' shit). It's lack of demand by the police and military that ensure that there's only been two semi-autos sold (at least, in the States) that can take AP rounds. One is usually classified as a C&R (most Tokarev-family handguns - doesn't include stuff like the new-production Zastavas and Noris), and the other is the FN Five-seveN. In the Zone, you'd probably be able to find at least a few MP-443 "Grach" handguns, or the SP-1/GSh-18 (9x21mm SP-10/11/12). .357/.44 Magnum can do a number on armor, too, but we're discussing semi-autos, not revolvers (which are far easier to build to tolerate the sort of pressure that Magnum rounds tend to generate - look at the Desert Eagle for why .357/.44Mag semi-autos aren't very popular).

That said, all these rounds (9x19 7N31, SP10/11/12, 5.7x28mm, 7.62x25mm) are best suited to good-quality SMGs - they just happen to be usable with certain handguns. Besides, the one-shot stop is a myth, as well - a true one-shot stop would require significant destruction of CNS tissue or destroying/heavily damaging the heart. AP rounds don't tend to expand very well, by their nature (the idea is to get the bullet through the armor without slowing it down too much or fragmenting *inside* the armor - you want the bullet intact until it gets into tissue, where you'd want it to start breaking up), though, so it should be more that hollowpoints cause the victim to bleed out, but can be defeated by armor. AP rounds negate that advantage of armor at the expense of not allowing consistent fragmentation/expansion (since you can't use hollow-tipped bullets), so unless it hits something really important, in a way that a clean hole through or a keyholing bullet would cause incapacitation or death, it's not going to do that much damage.

ETA: I should add that the American-180 does damage to armored targets through the armor dispersing the kinetic energy of the bullets into the surrounding bone and tissue. It doesn't pierce so much as it jellies the tissue. It's not going to stop an armored robot, but if you're having to use .22LR on robots, you're having a really, *really* bad day...

how ever a standard .45acp round or any other flat nose round .40s&w and up will stop a person in one shot.

oh check this smg out. it's features could possibly make it the best smg ever. http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg101-e.htm 400M effective range. for an smg. ak47 eat your heart out cause you just got outclassed by an smg.

See up there a few posts. :)

Short story, they're working real well, no more shooting dogs with them and watching the dog run away, now they play dead very convincingly.

The hollowpoint slugs and SCIMTR rounds are amazingly deadly. But, of course, they're not very good for long-range shots, so they won't take the place of a good rifle.

If I can actually get the time, I'll be doing another alpha release before the next RC for AMK-EN comes out. Little teaser from the next readme:

AMK Arsenal Alpha 0.2 for AMK 1.4 EN 2.0 RC2

Features:

Five new weapons - .357 Magnum Desert Eagle, BM16 Standard shotgun, Saiga12c, Modified Saiga12c and FN P90, all but the first one with their own

stats, new models, skins and inventory icons. The BM16 Standard has also been positioned better in the hud so you can't see inside the arms. There's

also a new unique weapon that I'm leaving as a secret surprise in this release. Don't cheat and look through the config files, that won't tell you

where it is anyway :)

Two original weapons reworked - The Desert Eagles have been renamed, have new written information, have slightly altered stats, new firing sounds and

are now rechambered for their proper calibers (.44 Magnum and .50 Action Express). The ammo found with the former "Big Ben" pistol in Wild Territory

is now of the right caliber.

Thirteen new ammo types - .357 Magnum Hollowpoint, .357 Magnum Hydra-Shok, .357 Magnum Frangible, .44 Magnum Hollowpoint, .44 Magnum Hydra-Shok, .44

Magnum Frangible, .50 AE Hollowpoint, .50 AE Hydra-Shok, .50 AE Frangible, 12 gauge Hydra-Shok, 12 gauge SCIMTR, 5.7x28mm SS190 and 5.7x28mm SS198.

All new ammo types except the first six have their own ammo boxes and icons.

Randomized weapon loadouts - Most characters in Cordon now have randomized weapons based on their faction and rank, with certain characters having a

choice of weapons no other characters in Cordon will have to start.

Varied wallmarks - weapons now leave different marks on surfaces according to their caliber/power

New weapon descriptions - All new weapons and some original ones have reworked inventory descriptions using silverpower's format and incorporation

silverpower's descriptions with my own. No more having to scroll down to find out the capabilities of your new toy; caliber, ammo types available,

available upgrades, built-in modifications and ammo capacity are all listed right at the top.

All new weapons and ammo have been incorporated into mp_ranks.ltx, to prevent one of the more annoying causes of game crashes.

Optional features:

AMK Arsenal with PLR's weapon settings - So far I've found PLR's weapon configs pretty good, even when some bandit erases my face with a sawed-off.

To use, open the "with PLR for AMK/gamedata" folder, copy the "config" and "sound" folders inside to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gamedata folder, then open

the "Arsenal with PLR for AMK/resolution compatability" folder, open the folder that corresponds to the resolution you're running AMK-EN in (800x600,

1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x800, 1280x960, 1280x1054, 1440x900 or 1680x1050) and then copy the "config" folder in it to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gamedata

folder. That last bit ensures your game won't crash when you use scopes.

Firelake's "Dirge for the Planet" main menu music for AMK - Surprised no one's done this yet. Open the "Firelake Menu Music for AMK/gamedata" folder

and copy the "sounds" folder to your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gamedata folder. It will also create a folder in gamedata/sound/music called "backup music" which

contains the original music files from AMK.

Depending on when I do the next release, there may be more included. :)

oh man i cant wait. i'll take a stab at the secret weapon. it's the RPK!!!!

@silverpower: I agree with you, but remember, we(Or rather, Skullhunter) need to take all the complicity of real life and write it down in a few values.

400M effective range. for an smg.

I'd like to see it's accuracy at 400m with 200mm barrel lenght...

@silverpower: I agree with you, but remember, we(Or rather, Skullhunter) need to take all the complicity of real life and write it down in a few values.

I'd like to see it's accuracy at 400m with 200mm barrel lenght...

it's the ammunition that it uses. qoute directly from site.(The core of the CBJ-MS system is its special ammunition, nominally marked as 6,5x25, which fires a variety of high-velocity projectiles.The primary loading is a saboted sub-caliber tungsten projectile, with caliber of 4mm (0.16") and weight of 2 gram (31 grain).

And that's the rough part of it right there. Without a lot of incredibly complicated code, real-world ballistics are really difficult to simulate. All I can really do is tweak the existing values and hope I arrive at an appropriate conclusion. I have done a lot of rearranging on the shotgun ammo to try and get things set up a little better. Dart rounds now have great armor piercing value but don't do as much straight-up damage as slugs. All of the ammunition types in weapons.ltx now only change a few things regarding weapon performance: effective range, damage, armor piercing value and bleeding. Now you won't have certain types of ammo that blatantly violate the laws of physics by knocking your targets backwards like they just got hit by a speeding car (except the gauss rifle).

Once again, I'm off to work, I'll try and get some more done when I get home tonight.

And that's the rough part of it right there. Without a lot of incredibly complicated code, real-world ballistics are really difficult to simulate. All I can really do is tweak the existing values and hope I arrive at an appropriate conclusion. I have done a lot of rearranging on the shotgun ammo to try and get things set up a little better. Dart rounds now have great armor piercing value but don't do as much straight-up damage as slugs. All of the ammunition types in weapons.ltx now only change a few things regarding weapon performance: effective range, damage, armor piercing value and bleeding. Now you won't have certain types of ammo that blatantly violate the laws of physics by knocking your targets backwards like they just got hit by a speeding car (except the gauss rifle).

Once again, I'm off to work, I'll try and get some more done when I get home tonight.

Yeah, the ballistic model isn't all that great - better than most games, but still needs work on GSC's end to approximate reality closely. You can approximate fragmentation/expansion behavior, armor-piercing ammo and relative damage, but it's highly abstracted.

Oh, and Sasha, the 10mm+ calibers (10mm Auto, .40S&W, .45ACP) aren't one-shot stoppers, either. It's shot placement that gets you your one-shot stop, not necessarily the caliber (though a 9mm+ caliber usually helps get you the expansion required).

Yeah, the ballistic model isn't all that great - better than most games, but still needs work on GSC's end to approximate reality closely. You can approximate fragmentation/expansion behavior, armor-piercing ammo and relative damage, but it's highly abstracted.

It is better than some games I've seen though.

So, I've got all the guns set to their correct prices, this removes the problems with getting them repaired, and all NPCs now have the new weapons and ammos in their buyable list. Since they're more expensive to buy, I have moved all of them to the breakable crates inside the freight thingy next to where you find the wounded guy at the beginning of the game. I'm also considering replacing the AK74U in Strelok's hideout with the full-auto Saiga12, but if anyone has a better idea I'm open to suggestions. Eventually Sidorovich will no longer have the new guns for sale, they'll be in more appropriate locations like the Freedom and Duty bases, Yantar and the Barman's stock, as well as in the hands of random NPCs. I'll do some bugtesting tonight and see if the gun replacement in Strelok's stash causes any problems.

Создайте аккаунт или авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Комментарии могут оставлять только зарегистрированные пользователи

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это несложно!

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт

Войти

Есть аккаунт? Войти.

Войти
  • Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...