Перейти к контенту

AMK Weapon Add-on - WIP

Skullhunter

Рекомендуемые сообщения

I'm trying to locate the source of the problem but I've got about 313 files to look through. So far none of the bandit xml files contain any string that's even remotely like the one Servalion posted. I would've thought that it could be character_desc_simulation.xml, but I'm not finding anything in that either. I'm going to start a new game here and see if I can duplicate the error on my machine and maybe get a better view of what's going on.

Also, if anyone getting the crash problem can post the last few lines of their log here, that might help also.

Update: silverpower and I have thus far been unable to replicate this crash. She has a suspicion that it might have something to do with the syntax used in some of the include files for weapon randomization so I'll be changing it later today and then I'll re-release as Version 1.31. Also, I need to know what version of the game you guys are running, that might help too. Unfortunately, that's all we can come up with at this point.

I'm having issues now too, even though I'm not running AMK myself. When I start a new game (and thus it loads my new random weapon profiles) it freezes without crashing in the middle of Siddorovich's dialogue. It seems to have begun after I modified the character_desc_simulation.xml file.

I still have no explanation for the other problems, such as enemy weapons getting stuck in their hands on death.

Also, Skull remember to update the readme in v1.3.1 :)

Поделиться этим сообщением

The .50AE texture is based on a real .50AE box. It wasn't a flashy box like the others, but it was selected to make a good inventory icon before I was ever asked to make any model textures.

I have to admit some of the textures don't look the way I intended in-game, wrapped around the old ammo box models. Most of them were designed to appear on long, narrow boxes (like the SS190 NATO ammo, but smaller) rather than the fatter, more square handgun ammo boxes that come with the game.

They would look better with their own models and/or custom wrapping of the texture onto the model, but that's slightly beyond my capabilities for the moment. I'll have a go at it, but I pissed off my only friend who knows XSI today, so I won't have any help for a while.

That top one is the exact photo the .50AE icon is based on, though of course I modified it, several times over:

Action Express v2

Action Express v3

Action Express v5

Hydro Shock v2

Hydro Shock v3

Frangible v2

Frangible v3

It's one of the earlier ones and probably the series I'm least satisfied with overall, otherwise I'd be telling you to take a hike ;)

It was designed to be instantly recognizable as an icon. I had no idea I'd be making textures to go along with it at the time, so it's fairly plain with large text which helps it show up when shrunk. When I finish up some other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modding projects I may try something more complex with it. For now, just deal with it >:D

I won't be re-doing any existing vanilla ammo types.

I've seen the Federal brand boxes before. They're not really suitable. Their subtle color pattern looks like muddy garbage when shrunk down, and if you take that away it's nearly the same as a plain box, just blue. The trademarked details, such as the logo and the bullet stamped with 'personal defense' cannot be kept. If I end up drawing over 100% of it, there's no point in using a photo source to begin with.

Magnum Research has some amazing modern retail packages for .50AE that are built out of metal or plastic. They're what I wanted to use, but I'm not going to buy boxes of magnum ammo just to get suitable photos of it :)

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...