Перейти к контенту

AMK Weapon Add-on - WIP

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Well, I officially do NOT understand how S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s NPCs prioritize weapons. I got the Saiga converted over from WP_LR300 to WP_VAL without incident but the results don't seem to be promising. If a Stalker gets their hands on a submachinegun of any kind, they'll take the Saiga if I throw it at them but they won't equip it. If I give them the Saiga first, they stick with it. So the solution for now seems to be leaving the Spetznaz guys with Fort 12s instead of being nice and giving them OTS-33s. I'm in the middle of another long slog to Agroprom to see if the Spetz guys will actually use them this time, but there was a news message about a Controller in the area so I'm pretty sure it'll be a huge mess when I get there. Plus I couldn't seem to get the checkpoint soldiers near the rookie camp interested in a fight either. I took a shot at them, they scattered, but then went right back to patrolling. I don't want to actually hit them because if they die that'll put all their profitable gear well within range of the BTR waiting to splatter me all over the landscape. So it looks like a boring wait for daylight so I can head off to Garbage.

On the plus side, on my last test the randomization of Garbage seems to be working fine; the Duty guys seem to be happy with their new guns (especially the main guy who has a Benelli instead of a crappy BM-16) and for a change the regular Stalkers can actually hold their own against the bandits and other nasties running around. One more gun left to add to the game, the TMP, then I'm stuck until the big pack comes out. But at least I'll have all the groundwork for the new stuff done.

oh please release this skullhunter.

btw. will the bizon have it's 9X19mm alternitave? it holds 53 rounds.

Might as well, there's a 9x18mm MP5.

I will try and release once I've got all the guns in game, all areas randomized and I've gotten some of the sound problems fixed.

So far, this just keeps sounding better. I've been having run-ins with weapon prioritization myself. In an effort to better arm the allies of the Zone, I've been trying to bring them back superior arms, a few at a time. However, I keep getting disappointed by their odd choices - they REALLY like their MP5s. It's (until Arsenal, at least) the only gun classified as an SMG, right? They definitely prefer it over the AKs. Only just now reaching Army Warehouses now, so I haven't tried handing out NATO rifles yet, but that better work. I assume classifying the Pernach as an SMG might cause an issue of some sort? Cause that would work well, I'd imagine.

Well, I better get back on the ball, I need to rush this Winchester over to poor Petruha before he finally bites it.

So far, this just keeps sounding better. I've been having run-ins with weapon prioritization myself. In an effort to better arm the allies of the Zone, I've been trying to bring them back superior arms, a few at a time. However, I keep getting disappointed by their odd choices - they REALLY like their MP5s. It's (until Arsenal, at least) the only gun classified as an SMG, right? They definitely prefer it over the AKs. Only just now reaching Army Warehouses now, so I haven't tried handing out NATO rifles yet, but that better work. I assume classifying the Pernach as an SMG might cause an issue of some sort? Cause that would work well, I'd imagine.

Well, I better get back on the ball, I need to rush this Winchester over to poor Petruha before he finally bites it.

Well, this is how weapon classes work.

First there's WP_PM, the generic pistol class and covers almost all the pistols. WP_WALTH is for some frakkin' reason a solo class just for the Walther P99. WP_HPSA is the Browning HiPower. WP_USP45 is the USP. Now, the curveball - WP_LR300 is NOT the LR300 rifle, it's the generic SMG class and was also the original class for the Saiga12. WP_AK74 is the generic assault rifle class. WP_GROZA is high-end assault rifles with integral grenade launchers, the OC-14 Groza and the FN 2000. WP_VAL is the enhanced assault rifle class which the Saiga12 now belongs to, in an attempt to make it more appealing to NPCs. WP_VINT, WP_SVU and WP_SVD are all the sniper classes. WP_RG6 is the multishot grenade launcher, WP_RPG7 the rocket launcher, WP_BM16 is break-open shotties and WP_SHOTG is our pump shotties. I'm still getting the hang of what the AI likes best. However, the Spetznaz guys like their newly reconfigured Saigas so much they couldn't resist using them to shoot lots of gaping holes in my brand new SS99 suit. :(

Now the Pernach, P90, MP7, Kriss Super V, TEC-9 and MAC-10 all belong to the WP_LR300 class; it's the usual solution for a weapon you want to add that you want to have full-auto fire but won't have a grenade launcher option. The game doesn't like it if you assign a weapon that has no grenade launcher setup in the model to the WP_AK74 class. Bad things happen. Crash-to-desktop things.

I am also going to work on new trader events for Sidorovich and Barman, so they get more inventory updates as the story progresses. Should make it easier to outfit the rookies in the future.

Might as well, there's a 9x18mm MP5.

I will try and release once I've got all the guns in game, all areas randomized and I've gotten some of the sound problems fixed.

oh yes!!!!! thanks a many!

the mp5 is the only smg in the game. anyone sais the ak74u is an smg is gonna get smacked. that litte honey is called an assault carbine.

playstaion network ID sasha87

Okay, I'm halfway through the laborious process of randomizing the Bar area. It's a bigger task than I expected because it also includes Wild Territory characters like the Mercs and Bandits. The good news is, this will make it a lot easier to add the other new weapons to the randomization when they come out.

Update: FINALLY got the Bar area completely done. I'll test it tomorrow even though half of it is supposed to be explored after Dark Territory, which is now halfway done for randomizing. Thankfully far fewer NPCs there. Also working on a new Desert Eagle skin because, well, the original sucks. The model's not so hot either but there's not much I can do about that unless someone ports over another one, in which case my skin work would be pointless. Not sure how I'd feel about that but it is practice I sorely need. More work tomorrow.

well ive been enjoying oblivion lost 2.1 and it's new toys. ppsh-41 rules tho 9X19mm?? i have to say i have mixed reactions to some of the new weapons. tec-9 sucks, benelli short sucks, p90 reload sucks tho the skin is cool. mp7 and ppsh41 uses pmm pb! lazy.

this pack i know will be miles better.

playstaion network ID sasha87

Sorry guys, been dealing with some real-life work related drama and a minor injury the past few days but I have been continuing to work on the mod. I found out that apparently you can't update the weapon randomization on a current game even if it affects an area you haven't been to yet, but the Bar, Rostok/Wild Territory and Dark Valley are completely done. The MAC-10 .45 I picked up off a bandit there came in handy against a bloodsucker that was holed up in a building nearby Borov's hideout. The bastard was using a wounded Stalker as bait and I fell for it! I've also been working on some alternate texture stuff for the Bar and the televisions, I found out that there's no upper limit on the number of screen images you can use for the animation loop. I'll see if I can get more useful stuff done tomorrow with the traders' inventory.

Last time I tried this, the new weapons were extremely satisfying! Especially the new sound of the Desert Eagle. Now THAT is what a .50AE weapon is supposed to sound like. I also like the Sagia and it's many ammunition types. But when i try to go into Bar, it crashes... Any idea?

Last time I tried this, the new weapons were extremely satisfying! Especially the new sound of the Desert Eagle. Now THAT is what a .50AE weapon is supposed to sound like. I also like the Sagia and it's many ammunition types. But when i try to go into Bar, it crashes... Any idea?

Sounds like the texture problem the older version had. It's looking for a scope texture that isn't there. This has been corrected in the newer version of AMK-EN and the newer version of this mod I'm currently working on.

Yeah, just about done with OL 2.1.1 here myself. Great all the way through, but I just reached Pripyat and the blowouts stopped. So did the random events, so they must be connected. That happens in AMK as well at some point, doesn't it? I gotta learn how to edit the files so they keep going.

So, my game was crashing due to a texture issue, eh? Lithe's issue sounds identical to mine. I also had updated to the latest version of AMK-EN, or so I thought. Would the current release of Arsenal work properly on a previous version of EN?

But I'm about ready to try some Arsenal again! I've got high hopes for this one and the weapons it'll be bringing. Oblivion Lost is quality work, but it lacks two words to keep things interesting - random stashes. I've been a tad out of touch on how the progress of Arsenal's been going, but I hope to get back in the swing of things here. I've also learned how to make many simple modifications which should boost the game's replayability in my liking to maximum. Now if only I could figure out how to get more enemies in the game. Also, the new OL totally redid the LR300. The skin, sounds and animation are just so good now, I can't be arsed to use any other NATO rifle. Have ya seen it?

Still stuck on sound editing, tho. Not quite understanding that last little bit stops everything. For now, I'd be happy just getting Arsenal functional again. Hope to god I can at least get though the Bar this time.

Well, it's gonna depend on whether or not you guys want a version with an incomplete weapon randomization scheme. While that may not seem like a big deal, it does mean that once you wipe out certain groups of NPCs, the next ones that spawn won't have the same weapon loadouts. I've all ready experienced this with the Cordon bandits at the car park; after you kill the first crowd that's holding Nimble hostage, the guys that show up later are all armed with their standard vanilla S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gear. That's because I haven't had the chance to change the xml files that control the loadouts for the different groups in the game (stalkers, bandits, mercs, soldiers, Duty and Freedom). Unfortunately it's a lot of files and a lot of NPCs left to change. Outside of that, almost all the new guns have been placed with the traders and I'm working on getting the traders set up for more events that will expand their inventories. I'm also working on some custom skins for a few of the unique guns in the game like the Hunter's Fist and the Combat Chaser shotgun and I've created some more unique guns like a 9x19mm Bizon and others that you'll just have to find on your own :) There's also a bunch of work I need to do on getting some of the ogg files commented properly, made a bit more difficult by the fact that while I can use the SDK for it, I have no idea what the proper sound audible distance settings should be.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to work lately, my real-life work schedule is all screwed up because the two malcontents I worked with finally managed to get themselves fired and we're short-staffed until sometime next week. I would have had a day off tomorrow, but I agreed to work midshift so we have more than one guy working on a weekend day in exchange for having a day off for my tattoo appointment. I still try to do at least a little bit of work on the mod each day if at all possible and hopefully I'll have something for you all within the next week.

Servalion, I think I might be using the same LR300 model that OL is, the one with the correct side ejection port and the badass new skin. In fact the one they're using may even be the one I fixed the bumpmaps for. :) I've also incorporated KingFriday's AK74SU model as well as Millenia's AN-94, AK-74 and Groza skins, Sickn3ss' AK-47 skin and I'll probably add more of Siro's skins as well. Maybe I'll do some more skins myself besides the ones I've all ready got planned.

That's all for now guys. I'll try and get it done as soon as humanly possible.

Schweet, I just installed KingFriday's AK74U and SIG550, they look great indeed.

Even more interesting, through some freak mishap, I was mistaken - I didn't have the latest AMK-EN after all. Now that I do, I'm firing up Arsenal again to see if the Bar crash persists.

Good to hear the progress on the guns, although I do hope that a good number of the better ones cant be bought - I enjoy the hunt :P

Damn, I REALLY wanna find some command line tutorial so I can get past that last part. I feel noobier by the day not being able to finish up these sounds. OL 2.1 bugged me in some areas, using the Bizon that sounded like a Fort. Didn't sit right with me at all, especially since I have a real Bizon shot sound here. Also, I saw a small tutorial somewhere that recommended which settings code the .oggs at, so I'll look around for that.

As for the randomization, it sounds good, but the temptation's got me hooked! If you released what you had now, I wonder if a future update when the randomization is complete would interfere with a saved game. Unsure, but I'd take that option any day!

Создайте аккаунт или авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Комментарии могут оставлять только зарегистрированные пользователи

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это несложно!

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт

Войти

Есть аккаунт? Войти.

Войти
  • Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...