Перейти к контенту

What do you want to be included in the next versions of AMK Mod

Vizzy

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Here's something I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned yet.

People shrug off handguns after a while, opting for something else in the 2ndary slot instead (Shotgun, SMG). This makes sense, but Handguns are still seen all over enemy bodies to the very end. I always keep a .44 ACP sidearm on me at all times just in case, but it just doesn't get much use. So why not make some handguns dual wieldable? Its a simple concept but might run into issues with the X-Ray engine itself I imagine. How might it work? Would one be forced to match up two of the same handgun? Must they be both fired at once (getting them to fire separately might be much more complex, as well as reloading)? Would it look like the Marked One was holding both handguns with both hands at once? (Four arms, heheh). This way Handguns might see some fun use, but again, I bet this is too difficult to implement.

Another thing I wish about Stalker.....even on Master difficulty, I find myself weighed down quickly. I'm a bit of a packrat, an avid scavenger, and always wish to be prepared. This causes my ammo stock to stay rather bulky. After a while, I find..........there's simply not enough to shoot. There are times where I find that there's simply not enough danger. Not enough Soldiers at that checkpoint to really make me think twice before tossing in that F1, not enough bandits to stand in the way of saving those stalkers they're shooting, not enough of those tushkanos (rats?) chasing after me to really feel like a swarm. Dog packs in their current numbers seem proper tho, and those Pseudo-Dog packs are downright intimidating if there's no high ground to seek. But for the most part, I find that in this game, there's safety in numbers and those numbers generally aren't high enough, cause nothing's safe from me! (Sorry, but contrary to a previous post, Marked One IS John Rambo with some skill and even more luck.......maybe even Arnold Schwartzenegger in "Commando") So perhaps there could be an option to up the numbers of regular spawns of certain enemies to really up the ante? a x2 or x3 mod, or maybe the spawns get higher as you progress farther in the game? After a skirmish or two against the Military, you'd think they'd really come after you in higher numbers. Also, the Bandits should know and fear your name, and travel in higher numbers and decent-geared parties just in case (or perhaps preparing for revenge?) Some mutants like the tushkanos need reinforcements, and zombification in its current state shouldn't have been enough to keep away many truly ambitious stalkers - I'd say far more fools should have fallen victim to the Scorcher and joined their ranks. There's enough Electro-Chimeras tho, heheh. Bad enough their damage shield range is insane, but it seems to go right though my resistances (bug?).

Also, might there be alternative methods for getting some artifact recipes? Some recipes are gotten through various quests, but I find that various aspects of AMK makes these quests impossible to finish or even start, making me miss out on some much anticipated items that I'd been preparing for.

Another vote here for the "Duty Bribe" idea. It would seem that probably an Electro-Chimera or a huge pack of mutants wiped out the Warrant Officer before I was through with Agroprom, killing the game, literally (any attempt to approach the Duty Checkpoint in Garbage crashes the game, I'm forced to start over.). The sooner I can get the gate open, the better. I myself would truly appreciate being able to visit the Bar before Agroprom to get quests for certain NPCs ASAP. I find in AMK that once I reach the bar, certain people suddenly dont have a job for me (The guy there that offers the quest to kill the traitor simply never did. Best guess - traitor was already dead).

One last request. I dont know how this will effect the game. However, often I see nice artifacts WELL out of reach, such as a tasty Night Star beyond the fences in Agroprom. Sure, I could alter my game files to be able to pick up items from 25m away, but thats nuts and I'd rather not. Besides, there's a LOT of hidden items in places out of plain view in this game, some very tasty random secrets that aren't always there and require some thoughtful and careful jumps (I edited my jump speed up to 9, so now I jump like a Snork, very fun). Ever check those toilet stalls in Agroprom or X-16? You might find some grenades up on the top of it! Sometimes there's a hidden Scientist suit hidden above the elevator in X-16, as well as a Groza potentially hidden up in the bathroom stalls just by Ghost. And not to forget the possible SEVA suit right at the level changer.........bah, I'm getting off track.

Getting back on track.......There's some very interesting goodies that are often hidden or accumulate with time in specific spots outside, beyond the restrictions of the fences or invisible walls that form the level borders. There's a great series of Youtube videos of a hardcore player on the Oblivion Lost mod dedicated to showing these secret spots, but some are extremely difficult to reach thanks to invisible walls. Is there any way to remove the invisible walls that reinforce fences in areas like the Cordon/DarkValley/Agroprom/Army Warehouses/Red Forest? I find that its very easy to jump over the fence by the dogs in the Bar. It goes on almost forever (you see a highly unfinished version of almost all of the Wild territory, as well as a long field of road and nothingness which ends only just where Yantar should begin on the PDA map. Only real reason to do this is because apparently somewhere in that vast field is a massive cache of artifacts that piles higher with every blowout that happens in the Bar, wish I could find it, but the Youtube video is there. This treasure spot might not be there every game). But the invisible barrier prevents me from getting over the fence in the Dark Valley to find a cool secret over the hill behind the Bandit HQ. Likewise, I can't figure out how to get past the fence borders in Red Valley to potentially find even more. The Youtube video claims there's a weak spot in the fence just by the Darkvalley to Cordon level changer, but I just cant find it. Removing the invisible borders should be enough to find nearly all these secret goods. Sure, the absence of invisible walls might get some people stuck if they get curious, but like myself, higher jump power solves this issue almost every time. We have the ability to Freeplay, now how about the power to Freeroam? :P

Поделиться этим сообщением

I just had some ideas. Well, ideas that partially came from the SIMBION mod (which in turn, likely came from another mod). After trying it and giving up crash after crash after crash, I think I saw all I needed to see. Some ideas seemed fresh enough that I thought I might mention them here.

1. SIMBION, for one, added something I'd never seen in any other mod - They filled in the missing gaps and gave natural body parts to most of the originally excluded mutants. We've seen the Burer's hand from Dwarfs, sure enough (3000 RU value), but SIMBION expanded it to Claws from a Cat (300 RU), Broken PDAs on the bodies of Izloms (1500 RU), Chimera Meat from Chimeras (5000 RU), Brains from a Psuedogiant (8000 RU), and Dogtags from the Controllers (10000 RU). Only the Tushkanos were still bare all the time, but they could have a little something too, perhaps their ears, tails or teeth? They also gave them a far higher, more natural chance to drop them, most Mutants were dropping their stuff about 50% of the time, while some of the stronger mutants had higher drop rates, and it felt like Psuedogiants and Controllers always dropped theirs. Why not, I figure. Gotta get paid for taking those badasses down, especially with their incredible strength now. Makes a good case for playing with harder Bloodsuckers/Chimeras turned on.

2. SIMBION also had Horror Time, separate from the Blowouts. This is from the ABC mod, I think. The Skies get darker but more clear, and the wailing starts. Starts with some of those Psi-hallucinations like from the Scorcher, then starts spawning zombies (not the Stalker kind, just plain rotted and translucent) within your immediate vicinity one at a time (usually right next to you). Also spawns more mutants as soon as it starts. That'd be fun to have in AMK as well.

3. Exoskeletons. Only one or two other mods I've seen have done this, and I dunno if SIMBION had it either, but I think its time to restore running to them. I dont even think its truly intended for all of them to be so slow, merely yet another overlooked and unfinished aspect of Stalker. Only the first and most basic Exoskeleton type is supposed to hinder running. Higher grade ones classified themselves in the descriptions as higher generation models. The 2nd Generation models said that the design defects that hindered mobility were half done away with, and the 3rd Generation model description claims that the defects are entirely gone. So why can't I run yet in one, while that NPC wearing one always books it like mad during a blowout? They know something we don't, or do we?

Поделиться этим сообщением

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

• Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.
  • Создать...